Mist LGBTQ Foundation is searching for a health coordinator to manage and maintain the smooth operations of our HIV-Self Testing and PrEP Project’s administration, scheduling, and patient admissions. In this role, you will be required to handle front-of-desk relations, coordinate activities with other medical professionals, and ensure that administrative tasks such as document filing are completed.
To ensure success as a health coordinator, you should be confident in handling administrative roles, and have excellent client-relations abilities.
Health Coordinator Responsibilities:
- Receiving and answering emails, telephone calls, and mail for the project.
- Scheduling appointments for patients and doctors.
- Guiding patients through admissions and correct medical administrative protocols.
- Checking and verifying information on patient medical records.
- Maintaining adequate medical supplies for the project.
- Coordinating admissions of patients.
- Consulting with doctors and project team members about patients’ medical records.
- Ensuring that forms and documents are correctly filled in.
- Ensuring the reports are maintained on time and shared with the project team as in when required.
- Handling complaints and queries professionally.
Health Coordinator Requirements:
- A bachelor’s degree in health care or administration.
- Knowledge of key medical reports such as pathology reports and general-health checks.
- Excellent time management skills and organizational abilities.
- Top-notch client interaction skills.
- Ability to work in a high-pressure environment.
- A general understanding of medical terminology and abbreviations.
- Attention to detail and process-orientated thinking.
- An understanding of emergency protocols and safety guidelines.
- The ability to work independently and multitask.