Mist believes that queer affirmative therapy should be accessible for the LGBTQ+ community and to make this possible mist is collaborating with Center for mental health.
Accessible Queer affirmative therapy for all is our aim hence there will be 3 different form of booking your slot (Free slots, Discounted slots for members of Pink Passport, and paid slots.
Why Center for Mental Health Pune.
CMH offers affordable and accessible queer affirmative mental health services
Individuals who identify as LGBTQIAA+ face constant discrimination, oppression and marginalisation in our society. This often causes harm to the sense of self and safety of a queer individual by rejection and ‘othering’ experiences. Counselling/psychotherapy for queer individuals can provide support for sexuality, gender identity, and mental health disturbances contributed by a traditional and normative society and systems.
Center for Mental Health is an organisation that brings competent, inclusive, ethical, and accessible mental health services to the community. However, we recognise that there is a huge gap in mental health struggles of the queer community and their help seeking behaviour. Thus, to mend this gap, CMH psychologists have attained training in queer affirmative counselling practices. This enables them to understand and address the stressors that are unique to queer lives and have an impact on their mental health.
CMH eagerly reaches out to you through the platform of the MIST LGBTQ Foundation.
CMH brings to you QUEER AFFIRMATIVE PSYCHOTHERAPY services that
are AFFORDABLE and ACCESSIBLE FOR ALL.
Currently all available Free slots are full. We are working with our partners to get more slots made available. Please check back later.
Book your Discounted Slots Here
Contribute here to make more mental Health therapy slots available for Free.
- Advance online payment is mandatory prior to every consultation.
- Cancellations made upto 48 hours prior to the appointment will be refunded.
- Any cancellations made thereafter will not be refunded.
- Also no refunds will be made on missing of an appointment.
- The individual consultation charges are per person Kindly do not bargain before or after the session.
- In couples’ counselling, for the First Consultation, both the partners must attend the session.
- In case of a policy violation by the client, the centre cannot be held responsible for the same. Kindly do not use abusive words and behaviours in such a case. Let us all work together with mutual respect and sensitivity.
I understand the potential risks of tele psychotherapy, which may include the following:
- The video connection may not work, or it may stop working during the session.
- Continuation of tele psychotherapy services may have to be reconsidered if it is determined that tele psychotherapy services is not an appropriate method of treatment for me.
- The video or audio transmission may not be clear.
** I give my consent to engage in psychotherapy via videoconferencing. I understand that it my responsibility to ensure that my physical location during videoconferencing is free of other people to ensure my confidentiality. Furthermore, I understand that recording my sessions is prohibited.
Covid 19 Guidelines
We care for you! For all in-person clients/visitors, here are the prerequisites
- Fully vaccinated for COVID-19 (if eligible)
- Use of well-fitted N95/surgical/3 layered Fabric mask with a filter
- Switch to online mode in case of any flu-like symptoms/close contact with a patient
- Min. 1 meter social distance whenever possible, even indoors (at the Center)
- Keep your hands sanitised
Stay healthy, stay safe!
I’m feeling depressed and I’m looking for counsellors